Sunday 19 June 2011

Happy Fathers Day

This is my Dad



He is one of people I admire the most.

My dad hasn't had it easy in fact its been pretty darn hard for my old (but doesn't look it) man! He was diagnosed with heart disease at a young age as a hereditary condition. After some time struggling he eventually got a triple heart bypass which had its complications and has left him medicated for the rest of his life. However he is still going strong and its been over 12 years since he had his big op. He was then hit with cancer a few years ago and had to undergo treatment for skin cancer but thankfully he is now in remission. This was then followed by diabetes and last week he somehow managed to tear his calf muscle! For love of god! Does it not let up for my poor Dad?! He is wonderful for coming through all this and is the strongest person I know. With all these problems he has always been there for my mother, sisters and me and has pulled me through some of my darkest times. Despite me being an extremely difficult daughter at times he has never let me down and I am so grateful that I have such a wonderful supportive caring father. 

I love you Dad!

1 comment:

  1. What a lovely tribute to your Dad.

    I'm sure he's every bit as proud to have you as a daughter as you are to have him as a father.

    <3

    xxx

    ReplyDelete